History

The roots of SL Packaging go back to the end of the 19th century.

From 1892 until today

SL Packaging can look back on a company history of more than 100 years. In 1892, master locksmith Fritz Streuber founded his company to manufacture ash buckets, watering cans and tubs, laying the foundation for a success story that continues to this day.

This is where a short journey through the history of SL Packaging begins:

OVER 100 YEARS OF HISTORY WITH A STRONG TEAM

2007 – Today

After almost 10 years of belonging to the French Plastic Omnium Group, the traditional part of the SULO Group was sold and now operates under the name SL Packaging GmbH.

2020
Reconstruction of the production areas damaged by fire.

2019
Certification according to ISO 22000:2018

2016
Sale of SULO Emballagen GmbH
New company name “SL Packaging GmbH”

2014
Consolidation of all production facilities at the Herford plant

2007
Integration into the PLASTIC OMNIUM Group

More Infos about the Company
EXPANSION AND INDEPENDENCE

1995 – 2005

2005
Development and introduction of an RFID system for sheet steel packaging

1997
Spin-off as legally independent company SULO Emballagen GmbH

1995/1999
Takeover and expansion of steel drum production at the plant
Neustadt a. d. Weinstraße (expansion 2004)

FOUNDATION AND DEVELOPMENT

1892 – 1967

1967
Start of production of blown blow molded plastic packaging at the Welkers plant

1929
Renaming to SULO Eisenwerke GmbH & Co. KG” (Friedrich Streuber und Walter LOhmann)

1927
Start of drum production at the Herford plant

1892
Founded by master locksmith Fritz Streuber
Production of ash buckets, watering cans, tubs, etc.